[photopress:sun.jpg,thumb,alignleft]Tom Hanks and Sean Penn are both doing it. And rumour has it Paris Hilton is ready to try it, too. Itâ€™s â€œglamping.â€ Translation: glamorous camping. Itâ€™s trendy and itâ€™s got people thinking, â€œThatâ€™s hotâ€.
Although we may not be offering the $4,000 excursions the celebs are experiencing, Ontario Parks can meet the needs of the not-so-rugged camper, too.
Quick Tips for the Ontario Parks Glamper
- When you need to escape the overcrowded urban scene, we have plenty of parks that can provide the secluded getaway you are looking for. Find out where â€œlessâ€ can mean â€œmoreâ€ on our online park vacancy report, www.OntarioParks.com.
- If the idea of camping evokes thoughts of leaky tents and sleeping on rocks, book a yurt or cottage in one of our parks. Even glampers on a budget need a warm bed and dry accommodations.
- Not exactly a spa, but provincial parks in Ontario offer clean facilities and hot showers. You can achieve an â€œau naturalâ€ look while still maintaining the basics of good hygiene.
- Spend your days lounging on the beach. Ontario Parks has sandy beaches that rival ocean coastlines and Caribbean waters. With equipment rentals at your disposal, you can cruise around in a boat or take a leisurely paddle in a canoe.
- Gourmet foodies donâ€™t have to resort to canned beans just because theyâ€™re outdoors. With more handy gadgets becoming available – like Colemanâ€™s Heat â€²N Serve Slow Cooker or Road Trip Grill – you can whip up your favourite culinary cuisine with ease.[photopress:coleman.jpg,thumb,alignright]
- Broadway is so passÃ©. For arts and culture, Ontario Parks offer fantastic entertainment! From evening activities to interpretive tours, let us entertain you. Each park has a unique cultural history that will engage and inspire any arts connoisseur.
Relaxed, comfortable and enlightened. Whether you call it camping or glamping â€“ we call it a fantastic getaway.